TDATS 14, another primordial concoction from the lost land of the rock dinosaurs. This one kicks off with the purplish hard prog of I Drive, a mainly english band who played and recorded in Germany. Bubble Puppy enters the frey with with some of the hardest riffing 60s psych there was, Riders Of The Mark is even older than that and while not heavy in the same sense, it has that oninous foreboding feeling that metal would use later on. Colosseum displays infectious groove that would be sampled by Fatboy Slim years later. Track 12 is the customary cover, this time sludge-punks Killdozer's 1989 cover of a James Gang classic. Canadian Neil Merryweather (also a founder of Mama Lion, on TDATS XI) finishes up with the entertaining mix of glam, metal, space rock and prog that he would make his own on his 'Space Ranger' and 'Kryptonite' albums.
01. I Drive - Down Down Down - 1972
02. Bubble Puppy - Hot Smoke and Sassafras - 1969
03. Starz - Boys In Action - 1976
04. Riders Of The Mark - The Electronic Insides... - 1967
05. Colosseum - The Kettle - 1969
06. Neon Rose - Waiting For The Train - 1974
07. Asoka - Psykfoni For Ekogitarr Och Poporkester - 1971
08. Stud - Woman Like You - 1975
09. Hustler - Midnight Seducer - 1974
10. Solid Ground - Tell Me - 1976
12. Killdozer - Funk #49 (James Gang cover) - 1989
13. Neil Merryweather - Sole Surviver - 1974
Unzip problem? Make sure you enter the password, and I recommend using the free program 7Zip, which is what I make the zips with. Feel free to contact me, or report dead/erroneous links, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the links below.
Recommendations and advice is always appreciated, Cheers! Rich