mf] or [mg]
Unzip password: tdats
This one starts with gloriously groovy barn-stomer 'Lonesome Tree' from Rotterdam's Machine (tying in quite nicely with the cover art - which I only realised after) and then on to Youngstown, OH's Left End with their funky and aggressively-vocalled 'It's Over'.
Epitaph were a krautrock band that had a southern-rock sound. There is an interview with guitarist Cliff Jaclson here at Psychedelic Baby webzine. New York's Valhalla enters the frey with some welcome hard-hammond heaviosity & there's a interview guitarist Don Krantz here. Hannova's Jane are up next with some more excellent krautrock and Jukin' Bone, from Syracuse NY, step it up with 'See See Rider's bone-rattling boogie riffs. We move on to Norway for Titanic's sabbath-grinding sludge and then on to Massachusetts' amusingly-named Fat, who kick in with an appropriately 'fat' blues riff.
Bienne's After Shave, another band with a hint of southern-rock, treat us to some Swiss chugg-a-lugga and California's Wildfire realeased the album Smokin' as a private-press in 1970, it has been unearthed and given the re-issue treatment by Rockadrome. Wizard, from Tampa, Florida, recorded one album in 1971 with an almost english NWOBHM feel, which comes across in Killing Time's stately intro.
In what seems to be becoming a regular addition, is some quality Italian wah madness, this time from Garybaldi. The comp ends on Aunt Mary's frantically ominous norwegian hard-prog and another contemporary cover from one of my favourite stoner bands, Sons of Otis' sludge-tastic take on Mountain's 'Mississippi Queen'.
01. Machine - Lonesome Tree (1970)
from album 'machine'
02. Left End - It's Over (1974)
from album 'spolied rotten'
03. Epitaph - Moving To The Country (1971)
from album 'epitaph'
04. Valhalla - Hard Times (1969)
from album 'valhalla'
05. Jane - Here We Are (1973)
from album 'here we are'
06. Jukin' Bone - See See Rider (1970)
from album 'way down east'
07. Titanic - Something On My Mind (1970)
from album 'titanic'
08. Fat - Country Girl (1970)
from album 'fat'
09. After Shave - Near The Sun (1972)
from album 'skin deep'
10. Wildfire - Stars in The Sky (1970)
from album 'smokin'
11. Wizard - Killing Time (1971)
from album 'the original wizard'
12. Garybaldi - Maya Desnuda (1972)
from album 'nuda'
13. Aunt Mary - Path Of Your Dream (1973)
from album 'janus'
14. Sons Of Otis - Mississippi Queen [Mountain cover] (1999)
from album 'templeball'
SpaceFest ! 2014 [5.12.-6.12]
4 hours ago