mf] or [mg]
Unzip password: tdats
TDATS 41 is a collection of tracks from Eastern Europe. Since making this one I have also covered Poland in vol 101 and Serbia in vol 120. I had some assistance from a couple of online friends for this one, so thanks to bonistik for Ruja & Юрий Морозов, and thanks to Lalena87 for Smak! It was a lot of fun finding these bands and hearing their often distinctly east-european slant on all things hard n' fuzzy.
Krzysztof Klenczon was the lead guitarist in one of Poland's most famous rock bands, Czerwone Gitary (The Red Guitars), his solo track here is a work of quirky joy with super fuzz verses and a fun chorus. Phoenix's track is a cool mixture of prog and hard rock while Ruja play some great Sabbathian doom. Диана Експрес (eng: Diana Express) from Bulgaria play us a cute little bit of keyboard-heavy Deep Purple worship which has no guitar but does not suffer a bit from it. Skorpió are a band that I used back on vol. 13, they are another great example of the unconventional direction a lot of the bands take on this volume. They are heavy on the organs, and make a melodic glam rock sound that's weighty and tight into the bargain.
Igra Staklenih Perli enter with an eerie electronic intro which slowly morphs into driving space rock and next up, "Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík", are a successful Czech prog band that still play today. Pop Mašina, along with Юрий Морозов (eng: Yuri Morozov), are a couple more artists that show an accomplished love for Tony Iommi's mob. Smak, from Serbia, play a hard-grooving instrumental and the comp concludes in a Hungarian haze; Piramis, Locomotiv GT and Omega are more good examples of hard rock with the unusual and plainly non-western feel that makes them so refreshing.
01. Krzysztof Klenczon (Poland) - Nie Przejdziemy Do Historii (1971)
02. Phoenix (Romania) - Filip si Cerbul (1975)
03. Ruja (Estonia) - Tütarlaps Kloaagis (1972)
04. Диана Експрес (Bulgaria) - Diana Express (1974)
05. Skorpió (Hungary) - Hosszú Az Út (1973)
06. Igra Staklenih Perli (Serbia) - Gusterov Trg (1979)
07. Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík (Czech Republic) - Armageddon (1974)
08. Pop Mašina (Serbia) - Svemirska Prica (1973)
09. Piramis (Hungary) - Boldog Ember (1977)
10. Smak (Serbia) - Biska 2 (1975)
11. Юрий Морозов (Russia) - Блюз пустой комнаты (1978)
12. Locomotiv GT (Hungary) - A Semmi Kertje (1972)
13. Omega (Hungary) - Late Night Show (1976)