Download from: [mf] or [mg]
The idea of TDATS 42 was to find tracks that have punk rock attitude, but also fit in with the proto-heavy sounds of my other compilations. It's a varied mix of acts. Some are retrospectively regarded as proto-punk (Simply Saucer, Rocket from the Tombs and Death) and some sound to me like they have the spirit of punk, be they obscure singles, odd-tracks out from albums that are otherwise not overtly punk (like Pau Riba and My Solid Ground) or tracks from 70's heavy albums that happen to be the fastest or most attitude-filled.
Third World War could be regarded as one of the very first UK punk bands, having leftist political themes with a working-class sneer, preaching violence in 1971.
|Third World War|
|Sound of Imker|
Jello replied: "Either The Middle Class or Sound of Imker Train of Doomsday single in the late '60s in Holland. The only true '60s hardcore record I know."
Finally, Dust is probably a band known to many of you, they were an early job for drummer Marc Bell who went on to fame as Marky of The Ramones.
01. Gedo (Japan) - Scent (1974)
from album 'gedo'
02. Third World War (UK) - Preaching Violence (1971)
from album 'third world war'
03. Outcasts (US) - 1523 Blair (1967)
04. My Solid Ground (Germany) - That's You (1971)
from album 'my solid ground'
05. Death (US) - Politicians In My Eyes (1974)
from retrospective '...for the whole world to see'
06. Bango (Brazil) - Rock Dream (1970)
from album 'bango'
07. Sound Of Imker (Holland) - Train Of Doomsday (1969)
08. Pau Riba (Spain) - Brian A Clown (1975)
from album 'electroccid àccid alquimístic xoc'
09. Kalemaris (Denmark) - Staldfræseren (1974)
from album 'staldfraes'
10. Simply Saucer (Canada) - Nazi Apocalypse (1974)
from retrospective 'cyborgs revisited'
11. Pink Fairies (UK) - The Snake (1971)
12. The Up (US) - Together (1971)
from retrospective 'killer up! 1969 - 1972'
13. Rocket from the Tombs (US) - 30 Seconds Over Tokyo 
from retrospective 'the day the earth met the rocket from the tombs'
14. Crushed Butler (UK) - My Son's Alive (1969)
from retrospective 'uncrushed'
15. Figures of Light (US) - It's Lame (1972)
16. Coloured Balls (Australia) - Heavy Metal Kid (1974)
from album 'heavy metal kid'
17. Dust (US) - Learning To Die (1972)
from album 'hard attack'