Download from [mf] or [mg]
Volume 62 is a collection that's been made in the name of Doom. What we have here is mostly progressive rock, from some albums that may or may not have been 'heavy' through-out but had at least one track that invokes that indefinable feeling of impending doom through it's riffs or atmosphere. Back when I started this blog, I was talking to a guy called LibertyCaps on the forum at the now defunct stonerrock.com. He made some great proto-doom comps, all of which I have posted here at some point. Since then I have received many requests for more in his series "The Doom That Time Forgot" so I have decided to make my own follow-up to his great mixes, and what cover artist's work can I use other than the amazing Virgil Finley again? His unearthly, esoteric vignettes where made to be album covers..
01. Life (Sweden) - Sailing In The Sunshine (1970)
from album 'life'
02. Sum Pear (Long Island) - Bring Me Home America (1971)
from album 'sum pear'
03. Supa Chief (Orange County, CA) - Red Brained Woman (1969)
04. Nautilus (Switzerland) - 20,000 Miles Under The Sea (1978)
from album '20000 miles under the sea'
05. The Cycle (Toronto) - God (1970)
from album 'the cycle'
06. The Misunderstood (Riverside, CA) - Golden Glass (1969)
from retrospective album 'the legendary gold star album'
07. Mad Dog (Bay City, MI) - Strange (1976)
from album 'mad dog'
08. Czar (UK) - Tread Softly On My Dreams (1970)
from album 'czar'
09. Enigma! (Mexico) - The Call Of The Woman (1972)
from album 'enigma!'
10. Invisible (Argentina) - Suspensión (1974)
from album 'invisible'
11. Country Lane (Switzerland) - With A Sweet Whistle To My Ears (1973)
from album 'substratum'
Thanks for listening! Rich